IMPERIALISM, RESISTANCE & ALTERNATIVES
The World Peace Forum Society’s 7th Annual Teach In
Saturday Oct. 25, 2014, at Simon Fraser University Harbour Centre- 515 West Hastings.
Registration will start at 8:30 am, the first plenary will begin at 9:00 am, the last will end at 6:00 pm. Over the course of the day there will be three plenary sessions and three sets of workshop sessions.
The plenary sessions are-
- Déjà vu- How WWI Is used to justify imperialism today- Ingo Schmidt
- Two Big Boys- NATO- The Cops of the World (Mahdi Nazemroaya), and China- Number Two and Trying Harder (Minqi Li)
- Fortune Telling- Thoughts on the Coming Years- Minqi Li, Marta Harnecker, Mahdi Nazemroaya
Workshops- Three series of four simultaneous workshops, arranged thematically-
- China: Left or Right?
- NATO Pushes East- What does the Ukraine Represent?
- Latin America- Alternative or Partner?
- South Africa- Neoliberalism with a Human Face?
- The Chinese Labour Movement Today- and a report back from BC Fed visit to China
- Euro- critics- Left AND Right
- Health, Housing and Education- Defending the Right to Live
- Arab Spring- What Season Are We In?
- The Rise of the Working Class in China
- Fundamentalists of All Countries Unite- The Reappearance of Everything Old
- Bolivarian Revolution and ALBA at 10 Years
- O Canada! Strategies for Change- A panel of activists from the electoral and extra-electoral movements for social change
The names of speakers and facilitators for each workshop will be available in early September at our web site- www.peaceforumteachin.org
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 11
The World Peace Forum presents a film showing:
All Quiet on the Western Front- 1930
A cinematic classic and powerful denunciation of war.
THE W.I.S.E. CLUB 1882 Adanac St. 1:00pm